Palomar Flyin and SDHGPA Awards

Another great day at Palomar with a great turnout, and good winter flying after the clouds cleared and the sun warmed things up.

Bill Helliwell wrote a great summary of the day on the club website

Photo credit: SDHGPA website

I was delighted to be receive get into the '25-Mile Club' last year thanks to my flight from Elsinore to Redlands in September.

And to my surprise, I received 3rd place in the cross country for 2014 in the club. Dimitri was way out ahead, as flights over 50 miles count as long as they are anywhere in the USA, club President Steve Rohrbough second. As a relative newcomer to the club, I  feel privileged to have been been able to fly with both Steve and Dimitri during the year. They are great pilots and you can learn a lot by studying their flying and decision making, both on the ground before we fly and in the air.


Photo credit: SDHGPA website