Mallorca 2004

This was a family holiday rather than a paragliding holiday, but I threw in my glider just in case. After some frustrating false starts trying to find sites on a trip to the northeast penisular, we were driving back through Alcudia when I spotted four or five gliders flying the afternoon sea breeze on a 200m freestanding hill a kilometer or two back from the white sand beach.

A friendly local woman pointed out the road to launch. The launch was a narrow tarmac carpark with radio transmission tower direct behind. Not particularly to my liking, but the sea-breeze was direct in to the hill and rock steady, so takeoff presented no real issue.




I had a beautiful 45 minute flight soaring the two peaks, with a fantastic views over the beach hotels, windsurfers on the bay, and the teal-blue mediterrean.