Rat Race Final Day

Not much to say about my flying...I launched exactly when every single thermal switched off for 10 minutes. My vario barely beeped the whole 12 minutes top the landing field.

My consolation prize was some spectators driving back down from launch, who stopped their car, helped me pack up my gear, got me out of my bad mood of a blown task, and drove me back to the headquarters. I'm not even sharing the tracklog for today....

Second consolation prize is that I'm moving to Southern California in a weeks time, where the paragliding is so reliable that the only issue is getting complacent about how much flying you are getting.  Bring it on!


The Rat Race is a fantastic event. The learning atmosphere is a constant emphasis, and it is actively creating a sense of community as much as the race. Thanks to all who volunteered and organized and allowed us to learn so much and have so much fun.